TAG | Resource
In-depth and comprehensive, this RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to administer your Windows 7 system. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) and the Windows 7 product team—along with essential scripts and resources. In addition, “Direct from the Source” sidebars offer deep insights and troubleshooting tips from the Windows 7 team.
Get expert guidance on how to:
- Use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit best practices and tools.
- Plan user-state migration and test application compatibility.
- Exploit new Group Policy features, settings, and ADMX templates.
- Configure software updates and client-security technologies.
- Administer disks, file systems, file sharing, search, and Windows Internet Explorer® 8.
- Install and troubleshoot printers, devices, and services.
- Manage IPsec, IPv6, wireless, and remote connectivity.
- Use performance monitoring and diagnostic tools to manage desktop health.
- Resolve common startup, hardware, and networking issues.
- Sample VBScript scripts and Windows PowerShell™ scripts
- Troubleshooting tools
- Links to toolkits, documentation, and white papers
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide
- Complete eBook of INTRODUCING WINDOWS SERVER® 2008
- Sample chapters from related Microsoft Press® books
This official Microsoft Resource Kit delivers in-depth technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft MVPs and the Windows 7 team. Covers new features, deployment, administration, security, and other essential topics.
Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
|Windows 7 Upgrade Paths:|
|PowerShell Comparison Operators:
Windows PowerShell has special comparison operators. One thing that might help is to realize that main operators are two letters long. (Case-sensitive operators all begin with the letter c, such as ceq for case-sensitive equals. You can type Get-Help about operators for more information).
Windows 7 Resource Kit
Filed Under: Windows 7 Books